Friday, October 12, 2012

Chorizo Con Queso

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador(a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Bundts n' Bowls. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of T. Graham.

I am a little late posting about the dishes that I made in September for the Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador program.  eek! 
For the month of September we had two brands to do activities for. They were al Fresco All Natural Chicken Sausage, and Progresso Recipe Starters Cooking Sauces. I'd used the al Fresco Chicken Sausage once before and knew pretty much what to expect.  The Progresso Recipe Starter was completely new to me and I had mixed reviews about it. 

Progresso Recipe Starters creamy three cheese cooking sauce is the base for their Chorizo Con Queso dish.






(Again, sorry for the crappy quality of the picture, have a new camera now so they will be better!)

"This was delish! I ended up added a pinch of chili powder and some cayenne pepper. My chorizo was spicy but just didn't give it enough kick. Overall this is a keeper! It was so good, we even used it as a topping for baked potato. I would not use the chorizo next time for the potato. Excellent!" 

Okay, so this was the review I posted on the Progresso website. I'd like to expand a bit. This was surprising good. I would like to note you will hear me mention this when I talk about the Progresso Recipe Starters Cooking Sauce.. it is a bit thin, and the flavors are very light, but a very good base and just needs a little tweaking.

The only thing I did not like about this product was that it is not so tasty to reheat. Of course, this could have been contributed to the cheese that is added to it. It was a little gritty and had an almost bitter taste that lingered on the tongue.

I'm not sure I would run out and buy this product every month, but it will be kept as an option to cut down on some prep. 



No comments:

Post a Comment