Friday, October 12, 2012

Smothered Pork Chops and Potatoes


I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador(a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Bundts n' Bowls. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of T. Graham.


Smothered Pork Chops and Potatoes using Progresso's  creamy portabella mushroom Recipes Starters Cooking Sauce.

"I made this last night and it was a huge hit with the family. I did not use the potatoes but I did add mushrooms and sauteed onions. The recipe starter has a nice but extremely mild flavor. I would make this again."




Here is the review I left on the Progresso website. 

Not the best pic, got a  new camera now, better pics for future recipes! I should have waited to take the pic until I had added the rest of the sides. It just looks so blah.

This would have to be my favorite dish I've made using the Progresso Recipe Starters Cooking Sauces. Not a lot of tweaking  to be done. I did thicken the sauce, leave out the potatoes, and add some garlic and onion powder. I left out the potatoes because we prefer mashed potatoes that putting potatoes in dishes.

 I would make this again and pass the recipe to friends and family. Super quick and easy. The onions and mushrooms completed the dish, I think.

The husband and daughter loved it and had no idea that I had used one of the products for the Allstar program. They are usually not so keen on trying new things.. but they really liked and said they would like this if I made it again.  That makes it a winner in this house.





No comments:

Post a Comment