Friday, November 9, 2012

Our Pre-Thanksgiving Feast

My husband and daughter agreed that we should do something other than the "traditional" Thanksgiving meal. The suggested Mexican/Hispanic food.  We've been talking about it for a couple days and have decided on Chicken and cheese enchiladas, a taco bar, Spanish rice, corn,  7 layer dip and chips and churros for dessert. I guess that sounds pretty good.  Although  I am still trying to deal with not having the regulars.

I had already bought all the ingredients for dinner. I made our not Thanksgiving dinner tonight. It was good! I made green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing and chicken (we never buy turkeys).  I have a ham still in the freezer, and I will use that sometime this month or even keep if for Christmas. If they aren't going to try and take that holiday away from me too!

I had a lot going on this evening so I forgot to take pictures as I was preparing the food. I did get some pictures after it was served.











I took the opportunity to make three of the recipes I needed for the November activities for Allrecipes Allstars.  I am sure I will be making some sweets and I will add them and their recipes when I make them.  I am glad I was able to have my "feast" even though it wasn't on Thanksgiving day. The day really isn't important, I got to sit down to a wonderful meal with my husband and daughter and enjoy talking about our day. For that I am Thankful! 


I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I am not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertisers are only used for experienced-based reviews on Bundts n' Bowls. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of    T. Graham.








No comments:

Post a Comment